17.4.13

WIP Wednesday: Blue and Gray


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



I feel like this month is just flying by, and it's leaving me in the dust! We've been very blessed this month, my the In-Laws came to visit. While the boys worked hard on yard work and re-building our fence, Mom and I went shopping for some pottery! So, very little sewing happened until yesterday/today, but it is so good to have some family time!

My nephew B has been waiting patiently for a quilt of his own however,I don't think I can say the same for my Sister-in-Law (I kid)

For B's quilt I wanted something a little bit masculine and boyish! I choose some Parson Gray Curious nature, and some Simply Color by V and Co  and some of my lovely stash! I sure hope he likes it, if not it can stay here with me!

I am using this great tutorial by John from Quilt Dad. I am in love with the pattern and felt it fit perfectly in the boy quilt category especially with the Parson Gray fabric.

Parson Gray, Simply Color and Stash
 For the solid I choose a pearl gray color, and I am so happy with it. I got all of the HST's sewn together and trimmed up to 7"


Waiting to be trimmed

Trimming to 7"
 This picture makes it look like all of the fabrics are super gray, but I promise those are some nice navy blues in there!
All the HST's Trimmed and looking pretty
 The blocks will all eventually look like this. Note the word eventually, life is a bit crazy around here but I wouldn't have it any other way.

 

Today, I'm linking up over at freshly pieced, hop on over to see what everybody else is up to! As for me I'm going to try out a DIY Tagalong recipe! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous plans! Can't wait to see it finished!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt AT yahoo DOT com
    ipatchandquilt DOT wordpress DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors together, and HST are always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...