26.5.14

WIP-Wednesday a Wonderful Weekend and an August Tote!

So...I walked into one of my LQS on Friday afternoon and spotted this beauty!


Sarah Watts 'August'



Yes, that is Sarah Watts new line August for Cotton + Steel! My heart starting beating fast, I was surprised to see they were selling it. So, of course, I scooped it up and paid before they changed their minds!


I knew right away what I wanted to make out of this lovely line- Amy Butlers Weekender Tote. I've heard stories about how tough this bag is to make but decided I just had to do make it with this line! I've had this pattern for about 3.5 years and now is a great time to tackle this project.

All Friday night I couldn't stop thinking about that fabric and getting started on the tote, so first thing Saturday morning I went and got duck cloth, piping the works...except the zipper (where does one find a 30" non seperating zipper?)

Cutting into the fabric made me panic slightly. Usually I find fabric I love and then there it sits...forever. so cutting into this and using it right away felt great!




Following the trend of quilt as you go with this Tote, I made tons of progress on Saturday and Sunday. But for now, I'm taking a break until I pick out my piping fabric. I'm debating between a coral and a more pinky color... stay tuned for more progress and better pictures :)

I'm linking up over at Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday! And over at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday! Hop on over to see what everybody else is up to :) 

Have a Splendid Week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...