28.3.14

A Friday Finish!

I am so excited for this finish, it has been a long time coming! I have been working on this quilt since August, and have been slowly working my way through it. Once it stops raining or snowing and we have some sunshine I will get better pictures, but right now I am so happy to share this with you all!



I knew as soon as I got a bundle of Amy Butler's Alchemy line that it would be a swoon quilt, i just loved the butterflies so very much. I paired most of the blocks with dreamy Kaffe Fasset shot cottons which are my new favorite fabric to sew with.



Back in December I had finally finished piecing all of the swoon blocks back in November and basted it shortly after. The part that took the the longest was the hand quilting, I echoed the blocks with coordinating perle cotton size 8 and stitched small diamonds in white perle cotton in the cross centers. I bound the quilt in a crosshatch coral/orangy color. I was a little worried about the color until I finished the last inch, then it was LOVE! I think it works well with all of the fabric, especially the center square. I didn't get a picture of the back but it is Anna Maria Horner and it is amazing.



This quilt was a labor of love, I worked slowly on our snow days, this year we had 14 thanks Mother Nature. It's a little small for our bed but looks amazing on Grandma's bed, a lovely touch for our out of town guests to enjoy.



I'm linking up over at the Devoted Quilter for TGIFF!

Happy Friday :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Swoon quilts - beautiful finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I really love the hand quilting. Thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is lovely!! Just beautiful, and I know what an accomplishment it is, as I made one too. And guess what - it's on our guest bed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...