3.1.14

Snow day sewing: Classic meets modern block

What's better than a snow day after winter break? Sewing on a snow day!

Erin over at Sew at Home Mummy, hosted the simply solids bee last year (loved it, such a fun bee) and this year is doing a very fun QAL. It's called Classic Meets Modern QAL, and I'm super excited. Nothing makes me happier than making classic blocks with a modern twist! I will be working with an assortment of shot cottons and kona white, no prints for me! Here is the first block, and I'm truly in love with this one.

Bear claw/paw in shot cottons and kona white
 If you are interested in joining in hop on over to Erin's blog and Flickr to join in the fun!


5 comments:

  1. Your block looks great! I don't usually do block of the month alongs, because I usually never finish… but I'm thinking that I'm going to do this one (at least for this month).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors Lisa! Thanks for linking up - I hope you like next month's block, too! It's a pretty one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there goes one of my criteria: bright colors. These are not bright, but it sure looks modern. Guess it is the solids. And the alternation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...